The Brattleboro Historical Society Research Room is located on the third floor of the Municipal Center.
BHS has been in this historical location since 1988. The Victorian Gothic edifice with a mansard roof at the north end of Main Street was constructed in 1883 and served as the Brattleboro High School until 1951. The Society has preserved the last remaining classroom as its History Room.
The Research Room has Brattleboro research and reference material, administrative space, and some local artifacts. Historic Brattleboro photos, letters, posters, maps, records, newspapers, postcards, business records, and other items are part of the collections.
There is elevator access at the rear entrance. The Municipal Center is located at 230 Main Street, next to the Brooks Memorial Library.